The looms have been warped and prepared for you so weave a small matt or rug. Observe the weaving demo in class.
- Prepare the 1″ wide strips of cloth you intend to use in your weaving.
- After the woven “filler” tie a thread to the outer warp thread with your name attached. This is a guide as well as an ID for your work.
- Weave square matt (white warp) or rectangle rug (colored warp). Keep outer edges straight – no easing in.
- Tie the end of your ID string to the edge of your last woven row.
- Add 8 rows of “filler”.
- Once everyone has completed their weaving the warp will be removed from the loom. You will need to knot the ends of your warp so the weaving doesn’t come apart.