Inspired by the work of Kirsten Aune students will create two textile projects – a cloth bag (with or without a pocket) and a holiday stocking. Draw out the idea for the design in the sketchbook. Use color pencils to figure out intentions for color.
- Iron 100% cotton muslin fabric that is cut to size.
- Create or choose a pattern. Cut it out of a sheet of freezer paper and iron it down. Create stencils for “inside” the pattern. Be sure to acknowledge the facings, straps, etc.
- Apply freezer paper stencils over entire sheet of muslin – repeating pattern. Determine the parts to your textile project that you will need including straps, facings, edging, etc.
- Using Pro-Chemical concentrated color with opaque or transparent base, mix for the color to use. Apply paint with foam brushes.
- Remove paper before paint dries. Dry fabric in a dryer on high for one hour to set the paint.
- Cut out the item to sew.