Eyes are said to be a reflection of the soul. Looking at the eyes can often tell us how another person is feeling.
A photograph of “your eyes” has been taken by your instructor and a print out provided.To complete this drawing you will use graphite powder, Ebony pencils and an eraser.
- Evenly cover the paper provided with an even “medium” gray coat of graphite. Be careful not to spil it on the floor or get on yourself.
- Grid off your eye photocopy so you have 1″ squares over the eyes. Translate that to your drawing sheet so that you have 1″ = 4″.
- With your Ebony pencil redraw the contour of your eyes.
- Use your eraser to create the lighter values of gray. Completely erase the “white” reflections.
- Using your Ebony (4B) pencil add the darkest areas in and blend with tool.
- In the reflection add your own silhouetted profile, as seen in the photograph. Add a distinguishing detail that shows a personal goal of yours in the future.